Last modified: 08/08/14
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. Personal Information. There are cases where DryShield.may ask for personal information, such as your first and last names, your home address or some other mailing address, your date of birth, your gender, your email address, and your phone number. We do this, for instance, when you sign up to receive emails from DryShield and when you register for an account on our Site. There may be other instances where your personal information is collected, such as when you register for contests/promotions, respond to communications through email, and sign up for services that require registration or subscription. We also collect information with respect to a DryShield on-line shopping experience. The information collected is required to process, fulfill and ship the ordered products. This information may include customer information, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, and email distribution. We might also collect personal information from you about a third party, for instance if the website allows you to send an e-postcard, in which case we need to know the name and e-mail address of the recipient. This information will only be used for its specific purpose (delivering the e-postcard) and DryShield will not further contact the third party unless the third party contacts us.
2. Automatically-Collected Data. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, including information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personally identifiable information. However, we may maintain it or associate it with personally identifiable information we receive from you in order to help us improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized online experience for you.
We may use ‘cookies’ to gather information about your visits on our website so we can enhance your experience.
- A cookie is a small string of information that the website transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website to help better understand your preferences and improve your overall experience.
- Cookies are also used to remember usernames and passwords.
- You can turn off all cookies if you do not want to receive them or you can have your computer alert you whenever cookies are being used. (For both options, you would have to adjust your browner settings)
When you visit our website, we may collect what’s called “Click Stream” data (e.g., server address, domain name, etc.). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits.
USE OF VISITOR’S INFORMATION:
1. Administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site features (e.g., delivering a prize you may have won in a contest.)
2. Information via email or SMS-messages about products, offers and news we think you would be interested in. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive DryShield e-mails
3. Analyze visits to our website to better understand the interests of our customers and fans in aggregate.
WHO MANAGES VISITOR’S INFORMATION?
The information collected through the global and local DryShield websites are managed and controlled by DryShield. The servers that make the global and local websites available are located in the USA.
PROTECTION OF VISITORS INFORMATION:
In order to protect the information you provide to us by visiting our website, we have implemented various security measures. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people, who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential.
Please keep in mind, though, that whenever you give out personal information, there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While DryShield strives to protect its user’s personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
Our site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
DryShield is committed to protect the privacy of children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any such information from a child, please contact DryShield Customer Service at:
We encourage parents and guardians of children to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and other activities online.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES:
We do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties without informing you in advance in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Your data may be transferred to our web site hosting partners and other parties to assist us in designing and operating our Site, executing services (e.g., product and prize fulfillment), or help analyze collected data.
When you visit or shop on one of our websites, we may share information about you to improve your overall experience including your shopping experience. We contract with service providers to maintain and manage our customer information, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research, and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than DryShield. In addition, when we partner with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions, we may compare our customer list with theirs to identify our common customers. DryShield and its marketing partners may use that information to fulfill our respective obligations to you and for future promotional activities.
DryShield reserves the right to disclose information about you as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests, and rights of DryShield, its affiliates, and others.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES:
CHANGES TO POLICIES:
We may, from time to time, need to amend this policy, due to changes in regulations and to keep up with new developments and possibilities on the internet. We therefore reserve the right at our discretion to make these changes and ask you to check this page periodically, as you are bound by these changes when visiting our website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at info@DryShield.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of DryShield who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact DryShield Customer Service with your questions or comments at:
Attn: Customer Service